Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scared Spaghetti?

Every once in a while, I decide I am going to make Chicken Spaghetti. This is a good thing to do if you are in need of chicken stock for something, but don't know what to do with the chicken you have left over after making the stock. When I first saw this dish, I thought "Eww" to myself for I wasn't one, at the time, to branch out and take my taste buds to the limit. But upon tasting this creamy chicken goodness, I fell in love.
What is Chicken Spaghetti? Or for that matter, Scared Spaghetti? It using spaghetti noodles in a bit of a different fashion. Yes, it indeed involves chicken and it is a creamy version of spaghetti rather than a red, tomato sauce version. Take a look.
Chicken Spaghetti
This one is pretty easy to throw together. You can adjust as you go. I actually usually cook a whole chicken in a pot (thus making chicken stock for my soup for the week.. LOL) but if you wanna throw a few pieces of chicken and cook less or more pasta no biggie. Or add more cream cheese .. yummo.

Super yummy and creamy.
All you need is:
2 cups cooked chicken shredded
1 1/2 boxes of spaghetti
1 1/2 to 2 packages of cream cheese
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup.

Simply cook your chicken, I boil it and then shred it up and salt and pepper it.
Cook your spaghetti and drain it.
then add all of the ingredients into the pot.
Stir stir stir

Empty the pot into a casserole dish, or a large rectangle type dish, and bake at 350 for 20 mins or so. Just to get it all good and melted.
Then enjoy!
:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment